May 1, 2005
Price
Region
Southern California
State
California
Pickup or shipping
Pickup only
Hello I have 2 Giraffe nose catfish for sale. There is 3 total you can pick from. $60 each or $100 for both. they are currently eating sinking carnivore pellets.

these are PICK UP only in garden grove 92840. best to reach me at 7144895491 and i'm usually available after work, thanks!

giraffe nose catfish 2.JPG

giraffe nose catfish 3.JPG

giraffe nose catfish.JPG

Yellowcat

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2010
SoCal
For what it's worth and by general appearance your giraffe cats look like the auchenoglanis biscutatus species due to their spot pattern and shorter length nose. That species is a much smaller one than the more common auchenoglanis occidentalis that grow to 2 or 3'. It's said that a. biscutatus only grow to around a foot long. I got 3 of them last year @ 4-5" and have only grown an inch since. I've kept several species of giraffe cats but I'm no expert and can't guarantee the I.D. but the next owner of these fish has a shot at not having to deal with tank buster fish. I'd buy a couple from you anyway but don't have any room in my tanks for more fish. Good luck with the sale!

Reactions: kno4te and CYBR

dnz03dw

Aimara
MFK Member
May 1, 2005
For what it's worth and by general appearance your giraffe cats look like the auchenoglanis biscutatus species due to their spot pattern and shorter length nose. That species is a much smaller one than the more common auchenoglanis occidentalis that grow to 2 or 3'. It's said that a. biscutatus only grow to around a foot long. I got 3 of them last year @ 4-5" and have only grown an inch since. I've kept several species of giraffe cats but I'm no expert and can't guarantee the I.D. but the next owner of these fish has a shot at not having to deal with tank buster fish. I'd buy a couple from you anyway but don't have any room in my tanks for more fish. Good luck with the sale!
thanks!

Yellowcat

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2010
SoCal
Your welcome. Also thanks for the like from Vince! Anyway there is a thread in the Catfish Forum that anyone interested in these fish may find of interest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store