Gone....

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
So sad about selling this beast. Thought I had made up my mind about selling it but I almost cried when I was leaving.
Thankfully, the new owner, despite being a shopkeeper, really liked the fish and said would keep it. I had this fish for about five months during which it grew to about 1.5 foot from just 8 inches.
But i had to take this step. It was a ticking timebomb and could have killed my other fish sooner or later.

I am still so sad.....

Here's a pic of it in its quarantine tank at the new owners place.
1000021515.jpg
1000021525.jpg

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
Man, if I could only keep one species for the rest of my life it would be snakeheads, they are such beautiful fish. Sorry you had to let yours go
Thanks! Was a extremely smart fish with a lot of personality. Loved feeding it.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Sad as it is it was the right thing to do, you could have either kept the snakebead or the other fish but it both.
A lesson learned in responsible fish keeping eve though it’s painful for you. Well done.

• Love
Reactions: AR1

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
Sad as it is it was the right thing to do, you could have either kept the snakebead or the other fish but it both.
A lesson learned in responsible fish keeping eve though it’s painful for you. Well done.
Thanks, Ogertron3000 Ogertron3000 ! I knew that, as fun as fishkeeping is, there comes a time when you have to make tough choices. I'm glad I took this step and followed the advice of such wonderful, experienced members here.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Thanks, Ogertron3000 Ogertron3000 ! I knew that, as fun as fishkeeping is, there comes a time when you have to make tough choices. I'm glad I took this step and followed the advice of such wonderful, experienced members here.
Sorry to hear you had to return it. It was a nice piece.

However if you were really into snakeheads and want one in a community setting you can always try channa maru (emperor snakehead). They are well known for being the best snakehead for predatory comms and one of the nicest colourations. I used to own one with my gars, bichirs, wolf fish before I sold it away. Didn’t hurt anyone. It’s much less aggressive than micropeltes and stays relatively large for pond settings.

IMG_6966.jpeg

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
Sorry to hear you had to return it. It was a nice piece.

However if you were really into snakeheads and want one in a community setting you can always try channa maru (emperor snakehead). They are well known for being the best snakehead for predatory comms and one of the nicest colourations. I used to own one with my gars, bichirs, wolf fish before I sold it away. Didn’t hurt anyone. It’s much less aggressive than micropeltes and stays relatively large for pond settings.

View attachment 1548780
Thanks Caveden Caveden ! I really do like snakeheads and your one as well. It's absolutely gorgeous! However I won't be buying any snakeheads for now, maybe in the future? i did buy a few other baby fish after selling this one, so i will be growing them out for now.

I will post a thread about them soon!

Reactions: Caveden
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store