Great Stuff foam safe?

hoodtatz

Exodon
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Ohio
I'm planning on building some caves with PVC and if possible the foam my question is how safe is it in the aquarium and what should I use to color and seal any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

hoodtatz

Exodon
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Ohio
Wow thank you I have done backgrounds and other DIY's and have never seen anyone mention this it will be perfect much thanks

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA

We're turning our plumbing into "trees" using Great Stuff Pond Foam, and Polygem Epoxy.

Pond Foam being applied to a pipe

Six uptake pipes covered with Pond Foam, ready for Polygem epoxy

One of the epoxied uptake pipes which still needs sanding, then painting with acrylic paint, then a coat of clear epoxy paint (fish safe)

rnocera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Just so you know, the only difference between the pond and regular versions is the color. The regular kind is used in ponds, aquariums, and for water features in terrariums all the time. I've used it in wet situations more than once myself, and have personally seen it used numerous times.

hoodtatz

Exodon
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Ohio
I purchased the pond foam from lowes and that was my thought on the reg foam but decided to ask due to chemicals poss getting into the aquarium and the pond foam was recommended but as of now I have used it in a turtle habitat and a cichlid tank and everything still looks good had no prob even starting to grow algae so I used the pond just to be safe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store