Green killing machine lifespan?

Kribensis4me

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2012
Arizona
How long did your submersible Green Killing Machine UV Sterilizer last before you tossed it away? Not talking about the bulbs. But the unit itself.

I just picked up and installed the 24w system right now. Ive heaes "Great" reviews on this and ive heard some 3 month old units juat dieing. I have it installed in our 125g tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Kribensis4me

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2012
Arizona

Kribensis4me

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2012
Arizona

Kribensis4me

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2012
Arizona
Its almost 17" long

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
IDK but I am waiting for mine to arrive in the mail. My LFS uses it and says that it works great.

Kribensis4me

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2012
Arizona
This is how my 125g tank looks length wise. Taken right next to the uv sterilizer. I'll update the picture as time goes on.

Kribensis4me

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2012
Arizona
Thinking back to past reviews on this small UV unit. I recall ppl complaining that the LED bulb indicator did not work or quit working. LOL now that I have this uv sterilizer. I realise that the LED light is nothing more but one of them circuits.. when there is a "through connection" its red. But if the pass through connection in the bulb is ever broken. Then the bulb is dead, no light will be on. And the unit is not broken. Its the bulb that has gone out. Kind of like a fuse in your car. When that little wire inside the fuse is blown. No red light.

U guys think thats a good guess on some bad reviews on this unit?

knobhill

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
IN A PLACE
Any updates?

I ordered two of the 9 watt units for my 60g and 55g tanks. I also got a the 24w unit for my 110g. They on sale on petco's website. The 9 watt units worked, the 24w wouldnt light up = ( so i am off to petco to make a return today

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store