May 13, 2017
Singapore
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
31-40%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
I had an injured BGK which I posted a thread in fish lore about around 2 weeks ago but no one had any idea how to treat it, so I just did more water changes to keep the water clean and so far the wounds on the Bgk has been recovering fine.

But recently I realised that it had scales flipped outwards like dropsy? I’m not sure either as I was told that bgks have no scales... is this dropsy?

If it is, can I start treatment with kanaplex? I’m not sure whether I can use Epsom salts for this fish...

Please help..... :(

687F92A6-C481-4846-83C9-F792293B65BB.jpeg

clarissasjh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
Singapore
This is a picture taken right after I noticed the injury.. it’s a little blur as I damaged my phone and lost all my pictures but I managed to retrieve this from an online chat.
E1FAFF86-32A9-4FEC-93AC-9CD8242ECAA7.jpeg

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Bgk have scales, simply reverse the color on a digital picture of a bgk and you see the scales. My typical go to antibiotic is Seachem Kanaplex because it can be absorbed through the skin. Ive used epsom salt on lungfish and they are truly scaleless

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
good luck!

dropsy got my fleet of siamese alge eaters ? -

try n feed it too if you can - i caught mine too late and kanaplex did not help....

Reactions: clarissasjh
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store