Help with sick flowerhorn

anzo1993

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
Hello, I have a 2.5 inch Thai silk Flowerhorn who’s been acting very strange the last month or so, I got him in July 2024 at about an 1.5 inch and seemed to be fine I treated him for parasite’s using metro in the food and he was all alone in a 65 gallon tank, anyways fast forward 2 months he’s about 2.5 inches which is weird because most Flowerhorns I’ve had grow from 1 to 4 inches with 2 months but this guy seems to be growing very slowly, up until about 3 weeks ago he was eating regularly and swimming actively then all of a sudden stopped eating I started seeing white stringy poop and hiding all the time, nothing has changed int he water quality or frequency of the water changes, I do about 1/3 water changes every 5 days, wondering if anyone has any thoughts? at this rate it’s been about a week since I’ve seen him even touch a pellet So I wonder how long he can hang on

Reactions: AR1

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
The thread should be in this forum

Anyways, what are the water parameters. Also tagging a member who can help
kno4te kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
What are you currently feeding? I’d retry dosing some epsom salt and in another week metronidazole to the tank if not better. Cont to treat till better.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store