Herichthys Deppi?

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
So a person in one of my local fish groups was looking at expanding his SA/CA tank and was asking for suggestions. We got to talking and he gave me a site he likes for ordering fish, AquaScapeOnline. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Anyways, they have listed Herichthys Deppi. I've never heard of them but I was wondering if anyone had any information on them?

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
So a person in one of my local fish groups was looking at expanding his SA/CA tank and was asking for suggestions. We got to talking and he gave me a site he likes for ordering fish, AquaScapeOnline. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Anyways, they have listed Herichthys Deppi. I've never heard of them but I was wondering if anyone had any information on them?
no, ................but let me know when you get some answers :D ...I have become more and more interested in the other species of Herichthys lately......Carpintis are cool, but i'd trade my pair w/ a quickness for any of the harder to find species/sub-species

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio

duanes duanes

Reactions: Buphy

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Herichthys deppi are another blue spotted herichthys not to dissimilar to carpintis.a very pale silver blue body with lots if shiny dots of metallic blue over the head and flanks.
They reach a decent size,expect males to reach at least 8inches.
They are not quite as aggressive as carpintis but can still cause trouble if crowded.
If you like these blue herichthys then also look out for tamasopoensis, these are also very attractive although they are known to be quite aggressive.
Deppi are a good choice if you are looking for an attractive blue herichthys without the aggression that some of these blue herichthys are known for.
There is also herichthys pantostictus to look out for.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Forgot to add Deppi also have a dramatic spawning dress not to dissimilar to that of herichthys bartoni another reason to keep this species.They are not that often available so if you like the look of them grab them.Normally the ones I have seen available come from Rio bobos or Rio Misantla.

Reactions: Frank Castle

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
I had a large male in the past and have a pair now. My pair are F1 Rio Bobos and are 2-3" range. No signs of actual pairing or spawning yet. Care is exactly the same as caprintis and they can get aggressive. They are the smallest herichthys and should max out around 6". But my last male maxed out at 8" TL. Also they are fast growers.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Buphy Buphy ive gotten fish from them but they were in store purchases. Actually almost picked up the deppi i'd say maybe two years ago from them. Beautiful fish.

I might be wrong but i thought duanes told me they were on the more aggressive side.

Also watch out for dish being labeled as available you need to call them allot of times their actual stock doesnt match whsts on their website. Click on the the view button when looking at that item it might say sometjing like currently unavailable

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
Buphy Buphy ive gotten fish from them but they were in store purchases. Actually almost picked up the deppi i'd say maybe two years ago from them. Beautiful fish.

I might be wrong but i thought duanes told me they were on the more aggressive side.

Also watch out for dish being labeled as available you need to call them allot of times their actual stock doesnt match whsts on their website. Click on the the view button when looking at that item it might say sometjing like currently unavailable
Thanks for tip. I honestly don't have any more room but they guy I originally mentioned was looking to add more color to his 125. He's got an Oscar and some convicts and saying he's growing out a RD so with that I'd say he's pretty stocked... Recommended he not do the RD and gave a list of more color diverse fish he could mix in...

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Not available anyways. And yeah id say your buddy is pretty much stocked

Screenshot_2016-05-22-13-04-54.png

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
Shame, they looked nice. Something to keep an eye out for some day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store