HOB Filter overflowing..

voilA

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
Yeast Bay
My hob filter seems to keep overflowing, I changed the filter cartridge and still it overflows, anyone know how to fix?

CLDarnell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2010
Omaha
Hello!

What make and model filter is it? Where is it overflowing...out the bypass? Over the top of the cartridges? Or over the side?

voilA

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
Yeast Bay
Its a oddysea 50, it starts to overflow over the top of the cartridges and also from the back where the water is held.

CLDarnell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2010
Omaha
If you take the cartridge out, does the water flow properly?

I had trouble with my Penguin 150 once doing the same thing on a new cartridge. I finally took the cartridge out and let it soak in water for a day. Once I put it back in, it flowed properly. Never did figure out what it was...guessing maybe micro bubbles in the screen and carbon may have been restricting flow.

You may want to try the same thing.

Mavrick813

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2010
Hamilton, NJ
Lift the cartridge slightly off the bottom of the HOB's reservoir allowing some of the water to slip by underneath of it. After a day or so shove it in and see what happens. My Emperor 400 did that once in a while with a new cartridge.

voilA

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
Yeast Bay
But the old cartridge did the same thing! So I figured it was time to get a new one. When I got the new one it worked well for the first 2 days, and now its doing it also..
Ill give it a try though.

CLDarnell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2010
Omaha
What size tank and what is your stock list? When was the last time you did a water change? Are there any other filters on the tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store