How many crested geckos can this terrarium hold?

Michiba54

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2010
Florida
Was wondering how many adult crested geckos I can house in an Exo Terra all glass terrarium that is 12L x 12W x 18H? Also 18 x 18 x 24?

I would like a small group 3-4 so I am assuming the lager one would be my best option, or is the smaller one ok for that number aswell? 1M 3F or 4F depending on the sex of my first gecko.

Also, would either of those two sizes been too overwhelming for juvies?

p.s. was looking at this kit in particular http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/habitat_kit_rainforest.php , but im open to suggestion.

Thanks~

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
There's nothing wrong with those size tanks......but you can't stuff as many geckos in as you might think. I wouldn't keep anything more than a trio in the 18x18x24. I have a friend that keeps a 1.3.0 group in that sized tank and it's a bit cramped. The 12x12x18 I BELIEVE is too small for a pair. Better with an 18x18x18.

Babies can have trouble finding food in large tanks so it's best to start them off in something small and then upgrade after a few months. You can buy an Exo Terra Tank but it would probably be a good idea to start a baby off in a small rubbermaid tub.

Every gecko has a different temperament. You may find that some are not compatible with others. Then there are some that are super calm and can get along with multiple geckos. You'll just have to keep an eye on them if and when you mix them.

Michiba54

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2010
Florida
Vicious_Fish;4615100; said:
There's nothing wrong with those size tanks......but you can't stuff as many geckos in as you might think. I wouldn't keep anything more than a trio in the 18x18x24. I have a friend that keeps a 1.3.0 group in that sized tank and it's a bit cramped. The 12x12x18 I BELIEVE is too small for a pair. Better with an 18x18x18.

Babies can have trouble finding food in large tanks so it's best to start them off in something small and then upgrade after a few months. You can buy an Exo Terra Tank but it would probably be a good idea to start a baby off in a small rubbermaid tub.

Every gecko has a different temperament. You may find that some are not compatible with others. Then there are some that are super calm and can get along with multiple geckos. You'll just have to keep an eye on them if and when you mix them.
Alright, So could two juvies share a small tub or should each have their own till they are more astablished? I have afew plastice shoe boxes I could place upright if that would work?

Also, if I was to only get 2 and they both turn out to be males could they live together in the 18x18x24 or will two males fight reguardless of temperment?

Thanks.

latshki

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2007
prince edward island, canada
I think the 12x12x18 is too small for a single animal
cramped in an 18x18x18 for a pair and I wouldn't go any more than a trio in the 18x18x24

heck I'd put a pair in the larger one instead

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store