I do not understand why people post bettas here but killifish

candidpets

Candiru
MFK Member
May 24, 2015
Brampton
www.facebook.com
betta is more fragile than a angelfish??? We are so limited on what to keep with them because they get shreded and they arent even predatory that much they might eat a fish the size of a pin tip?

Killifish are monsters has anyone kept them? They are hardy more so than bettas and breed easier and i think are just as colorful

but i put some minnows in with them to feed to my other fish while i get my other fish use to eating dead

The minnow were the same size as the kille or larger

there is a electric jack baby with the killie

and it was a murder spree they actually ate the minnows from tail up

has anyone had these

@lphaBetta

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2017
I don't have experience with killifish, so I'll hold my comments on them (though I've never seen one kept for months in a jar with no filtration since hardiness was mentioned). I have however kept many betta (including my current giant Bagan fighter plakat). He has consumed more than his share of ember tetras (small, yes, but no pin tip) who were intended tank mates. He also doesn't have finnage that is targeted by anything that he has allowed to survive in with him (nothing)

Point is, comparing the two using criteria such as being hardy vs fragile, attitude, and predatory nature- I could see betta winning all but predatory nature, as from my experience they don't usually kill their victim for food.

Just my humble opinion. Talking up my fish, not talking down yours.

candidpets

Candiru
MFK Member
May 24, 2015
Brampton
www.facebook.com
Killi fish do way better I. Jar than betta u know how I breed mine I put theM In Tupperware container and use pond water lol. I tried keeping on clean tanks strong filter they lost color did not breed

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

candidpets

Candiru
MFK Member
May 24, 2015
Brampton
www.facebook.com
I don't know if there is a fish that is not a monster then? Minnow are monster also white clouds almost killed my betta I just figured monster meant teeth and or serious predatory nature I love Guppu and betta but I don't see them as mini monsters

candidpets

Candiru
MFK Member
May 24, 2015
Brampton
www.facebook.com
Was just hoping for more mini monster talk cause they are more practical I have 150 there are odoe for sale and I can't get one a lot of these are so not practical for your average aquarist odeo smash my friends tank lid lol

@lphaBetta

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2017
Ok well all that being said....

I can't put something of any reasonable size (in purportion to the tank) in with my current plakat with out the plakat completely attacking it until either I rescue, or it's dead.

That's a mini monster to me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store