Is this a super red monkey flowerhorn?

Yannick-_-

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2020
B353611D-EE72-407B-84A7-E0FB714827E3.jpegDoes anybody know if this is a super red monkey and if it isn’t what is it then? The guy who I’m buying it from said it’s a super red monkey and said that it’s more red in real life. If anybody knows please tell me.

Red Cichlids

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2019
Sacramento
I think it's a super red monkey. I saw your other post and several people said the same thing. Definitely not a red devil or midas because of the pearling on the scales.

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
My female monkey gets coloring identical to this picture when I turn the tank lights on. Then after about three mins it changes to solid color.

silverrhino8

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2019
View attachment 1425662Does anybody know if this is a super red monkey and if it isn’t what is it then? The guy who I’m buying it from said it’s a super red monkey and said that it’s more red in real life. If anybody knows please tell me.
Did you end up buying it? yes it's a SRM. I'd bet it's not more red irl though. It's clearly under red/orange lighting in this pic. Most of the people who sell these fish put them under strong red / purple / orange lighting and edit the photos afterward. It's very misleading.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store