List your predatory catfishes!

BGG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I'll stop making "List your -------!" threads after this, but lets see what sorts of predatory catfishes other members here have. Again, I'll start things off :D :
Right now I've only got a small jurenese and two RTC... in the past I've kept loads of South American cats, mainly Pimelodids... but a few odd cat families here and there such as candiru, eel cats, synos, and African "poison slime" cats. :)

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
I had a nice 5" spotted pictus, it was 2 yrs old. I fried him just this past Sunday due to personal negligence :(

Then I attempted to cut him up but... man, once I opened his guts up, a nasty fishy reek started to pervade the room. I got a good look at his mouth though; seems them pimelodids have a distinctly-shaped scrubby pad thing (like really fine sandpaper) on each jaw and that's it; no real teeth.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
ive had
2-tsn
3-rtc
2- tig
3-lima sn
marble sf
p.niger
channel cats

i have now
tig
jur
looking for flash zebra
big blue channel cat

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
AT moment.
1 tsn maybe 17 inchs give or take a little.
1 tsn red tail hybrid maybe 8 or 9 inchs
1 bullhead cat that was 8 inchs
channel cat 18 inchs died two weeks ago :confused:
Working on a b. jurense
and a reg red tail

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
i stuck some driftwood in my 150 that i had found . It looked freeaking awsom let me tell ya. But it landed up leachin out some chemicals in the watter and the channel sufferd the worse. I thought the channel was gonna survive and my tsn red tail hybrid was gonna die. I was wrong it was opposit way around. Guess i should have spent as much time nurseing the channel back like i did the red tail tsn hybrid huh. But i was more attached to the hybrid so i worried more about him. And it looked like the channel was makeing a good recovery. The channel died next day.

BigMOCats

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
StL
Have - 4 rtc, 2 tsn, 1 tsn/rtc hybrid, 1 longibarbus, 1 tig, 1 planiceps plus 3 15" bullheads and 1 20" channel in outdoor pond

Tuesday - perruno from Peru plus whatever else shows up.

Scott

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store