Long time visitor, need advise on a MFK sized fish net.

Racersk

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Covington
OK crew, I have been a long time visitor but have been lurking on the FB groups lately like the rest of the lemmings.

I have a 24" long Giant Gourami and need to transfer her into a temporary tank and then back into a new 300G tank. Looking for a good net that will do little to no harm, but will fit my giant fish. I figure she'd around 28 ish pounds. Last time I borrowed a neighbors trout net, but would love a more permanent solution.

Pics are...

fish (Karen)
New tank
New stand
temp holding tank.

1000018886.jpg

1000018863.jpg

1000018861.jpg

1000018874.jpg

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Just look for a fishing net at any sporting goods store for the most economical option.

If you want something durable and purpose built, look through pentair's online catalog. Maybe theres a short handle version of this thing somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: AR1 and jjohnwm

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Yep, landing nets sold in fishing tackle stores are your best bet, and come in a huge variety of bag sizes and handle lengths. The only caveat I would add is that I would never use one of the old-fashioned harsh, abrasive nylon nets when today you can easily find rubberized nets, which are far gentler and more fish-friendly as well as being almost tangle-free. Try one and you will never go back to nylon, either for your aquarium fish or your angling needs.

troublesum

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2007
Astoria, NY
As JJohn said the rubber nets are much better
At one time i had a 16in Oscar and i was scared to net him because i heard stories that there fins could get caught in the net and rip so the 3 times in 8years i had to move him i would use a pillow case

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store