Monster Danios! -Yoma Danio - Danio feegradei

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
Has any one seen these fish before?...or kept them.

my LFS got a large group in and they are not moving very fast..I did a little research and have been stewing on them for months.

when i walked in yesterday i had to get a few..two for now maybe more to come when i up grade my 65 to a 90.

they are schooling nicely with my Madagascar rainbows, and maccullochi rainbow!..

here are a few pics..they are fast and hard to get clear shots of but they are such pretty fish!.

the mail has bright orange markings on his body and fins..just like my Madagascar males and the female yomas have white..just like the Madagascar females^_^

they look allot like little colorful trout to me ..they max out about 3 -3 1/2 inches.

[video=youtube_share;CZg4bSvlovs]http://youtu.be/CZg4bSvlovs[/video]

my camera sucks and does not do them justice!!

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
very nice
thank you I'm very excited about this little fish even if most people here are not..they only came in to the hobby in 05..never heard of them until a few months back when my LFS got about 20 of them...soon as i can get an upgrade for the 65 ill be picking up more!

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
looks like a prettier version of the giant danio!-nice

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
looks like a prettier version of the giant danio!-nice
iv been comparing the two..completely different body and face shape they are awesome!

svtim

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2008
The VILLE
I used those as dithers for awhile they are pretty cool fish sometimes they go onsale for about .99 cents and that is when i would stock up

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
I used those as dithers for awhile they are pretty cool fish sometimes they go onsale for about .99 cents and that is when i would stock up

Sent from my PC36100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
.where you get them from for .99 cents? o_O

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store