My Amazonic Biotope 400Lts with Altums and wild Discus.

Jaen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2008
Costa Rica
Hello people I want to share with you my new project, it's about amazonic biotope, the tank capacity is 400lts, I started on this project since 1 month ago. I spend 1 day mounting this project.

I started keeping Discus since 1 year ago, and always my dream was to have a wild discus, and altums, I know those are most difficult fresh water fish to keep, but it always was my goal, so right know I get it and I am enjoying and learning.

I hope that you like my project and if you have any comment or any advice, feel free to let me know.

Tanks inhabitants:

4 Wild Discus :
1 Symphysodon aequifasciatus aequifasciatus
1 Symphysodon aequifasciatus haraldi
1 Symphysodon discus.
Symphysodon aequifasciatus axelrodi

Microgeophagus ramirezi

13 corydoras (
6 Metae, 3 ornatus,2 aspidoras, 2 bilineatus)

1 Roya Panaque L-191
1 white Pleco
1 Green Phantom L-200
1 Adonis

Filtration:

Canister 1500

Ilumination:

62 Watts sun light
40 watts Actinic

Decoration:
Many trunks, river rocks, sand.

Knowdafish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Philippines
Nice fish! Already cycled??

chEvstErino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Golden Coast
where'd ya buy the altums from? im curious >.<

Matt724

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2009
SOCAL & ANN ARBOR, MI
Wow! you're stock is gorgeous. Man, everyone in costa rica seems to have all these amazing setups. Anyways, yeah, just a tip, paint the back, because all that sunlight is gonna bring in a lot of algae and it probably won't be too good for the fish too (im not too sure). Yeah, but other than that, Gorgeous.

Jaen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2008
Costa Rica
Matt724;3221815; said:
Wow! you're stock is gorgeous. Man, everyone in costa rica seems to have all these amazing setups. Anyways, yeah, just a tip, paint the back, because all that sunlight is gonna bring in a lot of algae and it probably won't be too good for the fish too (im not too sure). Yeah, but other than that, Gorgeous.
thanks Matt I appreciate your opinion, and you are right in Costa Rica some of us have a very good stock in our tanks.

For the tip I fixed that problem with a black plastic in the back part the last pictures show that.

Roberto G

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Costa Rica
Nice discus as always, you have very nice fishes on that tank, I hope you can find a nice camera to take pictures of them! Flash is the enemy of a nature photographer, it stresses the animals and kills their natural colors!

Matt724: The thing of us costarricans is that we are able to take advantage of many of the natural stuff that we find here! And in most cases, water is very clean!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store