My collection, 56k beware

eng55

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2005
Ames, IA Iowa State University
Its been a while since I have posted pics of my piranhas on here so I thought I would post a few as my collection has grown in the past few months. I still have my reds, picked up a sanchezi last july, an elong in october, and my xingu I got a couple of weeks ago.
Enjoy
E

My elong

My xingu

My sanchezi- the wimp of the group

Finally my reds

Pfisherman

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
Sandwich, Illinois
I love the xingu, and the elong is awesome!:) Fab reds, but I think you need a few more filters in that tank!!!:)

Big Roc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2006
North East
Thats a nice collection you got:nilly:, too bad your sanchezi is a wuss... those usually are the insane ones. Also just wondering where you got your Xingu from, kinda looks like an Altuvie. To where Xingus have a yellow gill coating and aren't that silverish, and Altuvies have a red gill coating and have that dark humeral spot, exactly like the specimen in your pic. Regardless it's still a bad ass P.

SLANTED

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Nice collection and that is one fine looking Xingu.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
nice school of RBs what type of cichlid is that in the last picture. How long has he survived in there? What do you feed you RBs?

eng55

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2005
Ames, IA Iowa State University
Hey big roc I got my xingu from pedro at aquascape. Sorry didnt order my ps from u guys for a change. I got the sanchezi from you guys though. The cichlid in the reds tank was I repeat was a convict but got eaten shortly after being put in the tank. I feed my reds a balanced diet of tilapia filets, raw shrimp, some cichlid pellets, and a feeder every once in a while.
E

Big Roc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2006
North East
Thats cool, I just think its messed up how he sold you something that was supposed to be something else:irked:, and I'm pretty sure he knew what he was selling you.

Big Roc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2006
North East
Heres a pic of a xingu that we just got in on Fri. They are not the best pics, but the first pic is of a 7" and the darker one is 12". (notice the yellow on the gill on the smaller one)

xingu.jpg

12inxingu.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store