Neosilurus ID please?

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
Where you at brother?
Would be better to get a side on pick
A lot of species look similar when younger. (Think ater, novaeguineae, brevidorsalis) so location can really help with id

tongolino10

Exodon
MFK Member
May 26, 2023
Where you at brother?
Would be better to get a side on pick
A lot of species look similar when younger. (Think ater, novaeguineae, brevidorsalis) so location can really help with id
I'm not sure where they are from exactly, the supplier just said they are some sort of Tandan, which I doubt they are. Over here we do occasionally have imported fish from Indonesia and Australia

Reactions: tlindsey

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
I'm not sure where they are from exactly, the supplier just said they are some sort of Tandan, which I doubt they are. Over here we do occasionally have imported fish from Indonesia and Australia
Really hard to id them. You could have a go on the Facebook page Australian native catfish. Some pretty knowledgeable fellas on there - much better with this soft of stuff than me. I’d just say neosilurus sp and call it a day

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Fishman Dave Fishman Dave thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter

Reactions: tlindsey

tongolino10

Exodon
MFK Member
May 26, 2023
Hard to tell from what I see. If I had to chose at this point I would go neosilurus novaguinieae but the whiskers on top of the nose look a little thicker like tandan.
do you think they could potentially be N. ater? Aquarium Glaser had some a few days ago on their YouTube channel which seem to resemble mine somewhat but yes you could be right

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Don’t look to have the extended snout I would expect with n. Ater. But again, could be, hard to tell.
Friller2009 Friller2009 is my go to guy on this family so……….

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: thebiggerthebetter
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store