New 70gal tank setup...

Montelboom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Maryland
You could either vent them or wait until (if) they spawn. You can't tell the sex of a Oscar by appearance like say, a Jack Dempsey.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Nice set-up, I like the 3D background; quite a heavy bio-load for that size of tank though, you must be changing a s**t tonne of water every couple of days?

Reactions: kljovax

DBLN8

Dovii
MFK Member
Nice looking Oscars and I love the background, unfortunately your tank is to small to house all those fish. It looks like you have 2 Oscars a Jack Dempsey and a pleco in there. I'm not sure what the foot print on a 70 gal tank is but assuming its the same as a 75 (48" x 18") but not as tall then it's good for 1 Oscar with no tank mates.

Reactions: ehh and kljovax

kljovax

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2014
Serbia
Nice set-up, I like the 3D background; quite a heavy bio-load for that size of tank though, you must be changing a s**t tonne of water every couple of days?
Thanx. My friend did 3D background... Yes, once a week about 15 gal. of water. Year ago it was only 26 gal.!!! For now I`m good with this size.

kljovax

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2014
Serbia
Nice looking Oscars and I love the background, unfortunately your tank is to small to house all those fish. It looks like you have 2 Oscars a Jack Dempsey and a pleco in there. I'm not sure what the foot print on a 70 gal tank is but assuming its the same as a 75 (48" x 18") but not as tall then it's good for 1 Oscar with no tank mates.
You`re right but I` short with money for bigger tank. In your opinion, what size is enough for two jacks?

Tyler_Wentworth_150

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2015
Humboldt county
I think they're fine size wise for a little while, I would definitely suggest you up your volume of water change to a MINIMUM OF 50% if you're only doing it once a week. They'll grow healthier with better water. It's clear you like the fish or you wouldn't have put that much work into the tank, prove it to them by keeping the best water quality you can with the over stocking. Also over filtering will help

Reactions: Montelboom

Montelboom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Maryland
I think one 50% water change or two smaller 30% water changes a week would suffice. What kind of filtration are you running?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store