New to this site

Mushutherhinoscorpion

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2017
I have 2 rhino scorpionfish3" and 6" and a black volt lionfish 7" moving into a 250gallon!! just wondering would a marbled catshark i bad idea to add with the rhino scorpionfish and lionfish?

20170711_133938.jpg

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have 2 rhino scorpionfish3" and 6" and a black volt lionfish 7" moving into a 250gallon!! just wondering would a marbled catshark i bad idea to add with the rhino scorpionfish and lionfish?

View attachment 1263413

I kept a Violitans Lionfish with a bamboo shark years ago. They pretty much stayed away from each other. I don't have any experience with Scorpion fish though. Personally would not place a shark in with the Scorpion fish because it would share the bottom and Marbled Catshark could easily braise its venomous spines.

Mushutherhinoscorpion

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2017
I kept a Violitans Lionfish with a bamboo shark years ago. They pretty much stayed away from each other. I don't have any experience with Scorpion fish though. Personally would not place a shark in with the Scorpion fish because it would share the bottom and Marbled Catshark could easily braise its venomous spines.
Yeah i was thinking the same ....if i have to i can keep the rhinos in the 55gallon and the lion & catshark in the 250gallon. ...but i have read that some have had there catshark stung by there lionfish and kicked the bucket!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Yeah i was thinking the same ....if i have to i can keep the rhinos in the 55gallon and the lion & catshark in the 250gallon. ...but i have read that some have had there catshark stung by there lionfish and kicked the bucket!

I was fortunate then but did notice the Lionfish would tilt in a defensive poster until it realized the Bamboo Catshark wasn't a threat. I would suggest that start off with a Bamboo if they are still cheaper in price than the Marbled Cat. If everything works out you could exchange the Bamboo and get your Marbled Catsharks.

Mushutherhinoscorpion

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2017
Th
I was fortunate then but did notice the Lionfish would tilt in a defensive poster until it realized the Bamboo Catshark wasn't a threat. I would suggest that start off with a Bamboo if they are still cheaper in price than the Marbled Cat. If everything works out you could exchange the Bamboo and get your Marbled Catsharks.
yeah my lion has done the same to my eel ...but the marble catshark is cheaper over my way ...but i really do think the rhinos would be more likely to be the culprits do to the fact they are on the bottom most of the time ! Maybe its just wishful thinking that the 250gallon would have plenty of room. ..but still i know they will run in to each other!

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store