Omega One fish food

thedarkone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2010
Spokane
I normally feed my cichlids Hikari pellets, I was at the lfs the other day and I picked up a can of Omega One. Unlike other pellets that are full of "meal" it actually has whole ingredients here are what the first 6 ingredients are: Whole salmon, Whole Herring, Whole shrimp, Wheat flour, wheat gluten, Fresh Kelp. I will probably keep feeding Hikari but will alternate it with Omega One. My fish seem to enjoy it also.

Was wondering if anybody else feeds this. i am pretty happy with it and would recommend.

FIN01

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2010
Wisconsin
I love Omega One products. I have pellets and some of the freeze dried mysis shrimp and krill. I will not say it is far superior to other pellets but I have been happy with the results.

Anubisscott

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2009
Enid, OK
www.facebook.com
I use both the pellets and the flakes. My Midas loves the flakes more, but eats both. I mix it with Aquareon, Warley, and 4 different kinds of Hikari pellets. Gives him abit of everything and he has his favorites. Omega is definently my guy's #1 pick.

Nemesis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2009
nyc
I love Omega One. The super veggie pellets are my favorite. I don't think there is a better veggie pellet on the market. My fish love it too.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I started all my fish on Omega One floating cichlid pellets, Hikari Bio-gold, and Hikari Algae wafers. They always ate the Omega One and would barely touch the Hikari Bio-Gold.

After the Hikari got used up I was exclusive with Omega One including the Algae Wafers into the diet of my Red Hooks, Midas and Pleco.

Recently with all the positive feedback I had been hearing on NLS; I put the Omega One down for a bit to try and see how the fish would react to new food. The Red Hooks love it along with the Pleco. The Midas still wont really eat it because its a sinker and he likes the floaters. So I will try some of the larger 4.5mm floating NLS on him and see how that works.

But over all I think Omega One is a great quality product that can be found for very reasonable prices. I will do my 10 day exclusive feeding of NLS and see if I notice an improvement in color of my fish. But I suspect I will go back to the Omega One because of price. It really is a good product.

kmc150

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 16, 2010
ri
i use omega one and hikari i mixed the 2 together and all my fish love it

Sab_Fan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
Delray Beach, FL
my fish love NLS above all others, but they definitely like Omega One as well, and then Hikari comes in 3rd place

when I feed NLS to the fish in my 90G, I have one fish - - a female Port Acara - - who waits at the top of the tank until I give her one wafer of Omega One veggie rounds; she will literally follow my finger back-and-forth until I drop it in the tank :)

bottom-line, I think Omega One has great ingredients, my fish clearly love 'em, and I cannot think of any negatives . . .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store