Painting pack of tank, without moving it

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
I have nothing but water stains on the back of my tank, it's about the distance of the AC 110s from the wall, but one side is against the other wall, so tanks in a corner.

I know I can get a paint roller behind it, I use a swiffer to wipe the glass.

I wanna paint it black, I don't know how I would be able to rough up the glass befor painting it.

What paint would work and be least messy, would I need to wipe the glass with something first

i wonder if a roller will even roll on the glass,

dang it, old school tank, heavy as hell

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Do a big water change and push the stand out enough to tape the trim and just roll a few coats of black paint

Reactions: AR1

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Although it would be beneficial to clean the glass before applying the paint, you certainly don't need to "rough" it up beforehand. Just apply two or three coats of the paint of your choice straight onto the bare, clean, smooth glass.

I've always used exterior paint as it is more flexible to prevent cracking due to the weather etc. This elasticity is great when you want to remove it too, as it just peels off easily in one big sheet, see pic below.

As for applying the paint in hard to access areas, I've used a small roller with an extendable handle in the past, but of course it is far easier if you can move the tank and do it without the aggro of stretching etc.
IMG_20211031_081610_HDR.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store