Eggs

January 15, 2012 batch 19pcs all sold

April 5, 2012 batch still growing

jardiniarokeep

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2011
Brunei Darussalam
congratulations,how do u differentiate between a female and male peacock bass???

gerryjun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2011
Philippines, Quezon City
congratulations,how do u differentiate between a female and male peacock bass???
Venting is the best way to determine sex, specially for pbass a they are big fish and can easily be viewable,

The pic below is a Net Pic and not of a peacock bass, but same principle applies, if the sex organ on the right is as big or larger than the anus on the left then you have a female.

To vent your peacock bass you dont need to pull them out of water, put your hand on top of your tank simulating what you would do in feeding time, they will usually orient their body vertically expecting food, this is the time to try to look at the genitals.

at around 11" would be the best size to try this.

gerryjun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2011
Philippines, Quezon City
how much money do you make off those:drool:
I sell them at 1.5" For about $2 each, my first batch had 70 and i sold 19, second is 80 and 3rd is 300 still in a grow out. Hopefully I don't loose any moRe first 1 week is crucial, some of the fry's don't eat, have deformities, and other problems.

First batch had a lot of mortality, hopefully Ill get to improve my techniques on this current to batches.

1st & 2nd batch are eggs from the same female, batch 3 is from my larger female.

Usually I get around 3000 eggs but only about. 5-10% actually hatch, due to male not properly fertilizing the eggs.

Hopefully it will help fund my hobby or augment it.

Thanks

gerryjun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2011
Philippines, Quezon City

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
Awesome job keep MFK posted.

The.Kid9

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2012
House
Awesome!!! One of my biggest dream ever!!! You have accomplished it...now in the next 5-10yrs, ill get to that too..xD Keep up the work...

gerryjun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2011
Philippines, Quezon City
April Batch of fry's about 300pcs .5cm

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store