Planted discus tank

Oddballs

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2014
United States
Figured since I've been a member on this site for a while I would share one of the tanks I have set up. It's a 75 gallon tall that started out as a hardscape mbuna cichlid tank for a year. I loved the cichlids but the constant fighting eventually became annoying. Switched to a random planted fish tank with a clown knife, fire eel and other assorted grow outs. These soon became ether to big or lost my interest so I decided to truly go planted. Bought a co2 system, eco complete, aquasun quad lights and various plants. Girlfriend feel in love with discuss so started searching and found deals on various ones around the area. Should have bought them in bulk from one dealer but shipping the larger fish was just to hard. Although some are stunted they each bring character to the tank. The tank as of right now has liquid ferts dosing and just had a major trim of the plants. Honestly couldn't tell you what plants are even in there. Mostly surprised I didn't fail yet. The current stock is 8 discus, 12 neon and cardinal tetras, 4 rainbow runners, 3 plecos, 2 eel, 3 golden rams and 1 African clown knife. I have two filters on the tank 1 fluval 406 and a aquasun or something z13 I believe. Keeps the water pristine and haven't had any issues of algae yet. Probably could do a lot of things differently but so far i like it. Any criticism is welcomed because I'm soon switching then over to a planted 125 once it's set up.

IMG_20170131_222830312.jpg

DwarfCichlidLvr

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2020
It looks really good! What does it look like right now. (I know this thread id 3 yo so that's why I'm asking)

Reactions: Oddballs

Oddballs

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2014
United States
Currently it's still planted just lots less plants. In the process of moving tanks around upgrading to a 275 gallon tank and a 180 gallon. A couple months after this post I had a co2 regulator go out on me and ended up gassing the tank. Lost all the fish and just kind of decided to wait on restocking. Has a bgk, couple bichirs and catfish currently waiting to be mixed around with the other tanks.

DwarfCichlidLvr

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2020
That's too bad. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store