Proper way to acclimate ray

monsterK

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2023
I'm getting a 5 year old ray for my 500 gallon, this indeed will be my first ray! Are there any suggestions on how you would properly acclimate them? Or are they the same as fish. I wanna make sure I do it right

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I'm getting a 5 year old ray for my 500 gallon, this indeed will be my first ray! Are there any suggestions on how you would properly acclimate them? Or are they the same as fish. I wanna make sure I do it right
spotfin spotfin

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
I always drip acclimated my rays for at least 1 hour with an air stone in the tub with them even when just moving them across the room to a different tank. Typically id do 1 hr slow drip then speed it up to an open airline tubing for the second hr then drop em in. Remove water as ur going to keep the ray from jumping out. Keep a lid on the tub/container also.

Reactions: tlindsey

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Is the new ray coming a short distance, or being shipped from somewhere far away? I used to add a couple cups of water at a time. Repeat after 5 minutes or so. Remove a couple cups of water the ray is in, then add more tank water.
Pics of the new ray!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store