Puffer ID, baby cross river ?

SmilexGwG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2024
I actually purchased on of these from the sellers eBay page, I can't believe I found a discussion on exactly what I'm wondering; are these true cross river puffers?

The seller said they will ship after the 4th so I'm expecting to receive it next week, I'll update with pictures then.

Reactions: phreeflow

Eelkeeper301

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2021
I actually purchased on of these from the sellers eBay page, I can't believe I found a discussion on exactly what I'm wondering; are these true cross river puffers?

The seller said they will ship after the 4th so I'm expecting to receive it next week, I'll update with pictures then.
i messaged the seller and he said they're 100% cross river puffers. he said their spots are coming out more and getting bigger. i might just have to get one lol

SmilexGwG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2024
The se
i messaged the seller and he said they're 100% cross river puffers. he said their spots are coming out more and getting bigger. i might just have to get one lol
Ya he said they are some of the first captive bred, and were imported from Europe. I'm just hoping I don't end up with some fahaka hybrid species

SmilexGwG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2024
Well here's the one I received, I'm not sure if it's a fahaka or cross river still

SmilexGwG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2024
Hard to say…how much was it? Keep us posted
I know on a lot forums they don't allow sharing venders, however I got it on eBay from a seller at 220$ + 50$ shipping, but now that they they've sold so many so ,quickly they've upped the price to 250$ + 50$ shipping fee so 300$.

I'm not experienced with puffers and just hope this isn't a regular fahaka

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store