Ray's fishing thread

rayoddballfish

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
Hey all,

I'm an avid angler and recently am getting pretty serious into fishing. Started with freshwater and am now more intrigued about saltwater fishing. Want to use this thread to talk fishing, showcase my catches, and find a people who love fishing and monster fish :)

Here's a nice short fluke I caught at Sandy Hook NJ a few days ago. Definitely want to start fishing for stripper, tautog, and Black Sea bass as the season proceeds. Would love any tips, locations (NJ), etc so leave them below!

Tight lines,
Ray

IMG_4033.jpeg

Matth05

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2022
New Jersey
Hey all,

I'm an avid angler and recently am getting pretty serious into fishing. Started with freshwater and am now more intrigued about saltwater fishing. Want to use this thread to talk fishing, showcase my catches, and find a people who love fishing and monster fish :)

Here's a nice short fluke I caught at Sandy Hook NJ a few days ago. Definitely want to start fishing for stripper, tautog, and Black Sea bass as the season proceeds. Would love any tips, locations (NJ), etc so leave them below!

Tight lines,
Ray

View attachment 1545879
Nice catch. Summer fluke are always a blast.

Keep an eye on your clothes out there in Sandy Hook lol. Last time I was down there the only thing I managed to catch were some ticks 😬. Didn’t know until after the fact how serious the tick issue was there.

rayoddballfish

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
Nice catch. Summer fluke are always a blast.

Keep an eye on your clothes out there in Sandy Hook lol. Last time I was down there the only thing I managed to catch were some ticks 😬. Didn’t know until after the fact how serious the tick issue was there.
I'll definitely have to keep an eye out.
Hmm...that sounds awfully suspicious. 🤔

I'm kidding. Good luck with your fishing endeavors!
haha I mean striped bass :ROFL:. Will definitely post all my "worthy" catches.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store