Real moonlight VS LED moonlight

Lady Sphinx

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
South Africa, Johannesburg
So I did some research about moonlight and even though I suck at science and maths...........well...................the moon shines at 1-0.25 Lumens at 4100 kelvin. Not very well explained but maybe someone is willing to explain this info better in lay mens terms LOL.
So any idea on how to reproduce this. Since what the people call moonlight led is at 1600 kelvin I'm guessing this is quite a good reproduction at moonlight. If I'm wrong please explain this to me.

Lepisosteus

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
So I did some research about moonlight and even though I suck at science and maths...........well...................the moon shines at 1-0.25 Lumens at 4100 kelvin. Not very well explained but maybe someone is willing to explain this info better in lay mens terms LOL.
So any idea on how to reproduce this. Since what the people call moonlight led is at 1600 kelvin I'm guessing this is quite a good reproduction at moonlight. If I'm wrong please explain this to me.
I believe the led lights that are sold as moonlight are actinic blue lights and they only add a small amount of them to fixtures which produce the low lumen. A more realistic moon light would be white lighting and only a few if them but people like the look of the blue

Reactions: Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
There some adjustable LED to replica the real moonlight look and like Lepisosteus said it's more of a low white light output.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store