Recieved the manueli, not so pleased... Plus humeralis

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
So I took delivery of the manueli today to find that it has a major busted lower jaw from rubbing nonstop against a new acrylic divider that the little round slots weren't sanded down. On top of that it seems to have a burnt up tail. I'm pretty upset that the elusive manueli arrived at my doorstep in such shape.. That being said my supplier said all the rest were accounted for and if I don't want it, he'd take back. I kind of want to keep it and see if I can nurse it back to optimal shape. I know piranhas are hardy and can heal from injuries easily but I wanted a second opinion from you all. Do you think the lower jaw can be healed up since this is still a juvenile sub 5" specimen? I think the tail and fins should be no problem only a matter of time.
Also came with the batch, a humeralis at around 3-3.5" with very vibrant colors already. This ones lower jaw also has rubbing injuries from those dividers but is not that serious.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Should heal up with clean water and salt. Especially if it's eating well. Keep an eye out for infection. Atleast ur fish guy was willing to take it back.

Reactions: jimmie d wad

jimmie d wad

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2011
south of heaven
I had a red belly that lip locked with another one. lost half the meat off his lower jaw. that healed up good. in around a month. they do heal well. as long as its not the bone its self i would think he should heal

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
The manny has nice structure. Pity about the mouth - if the wound isn't too deep; worth to take a chance. :)

caribemob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
philadelphia
It will heal up , just Great water quality and maybe some added salt give it about two weeks, P's heal up the best IMO, with no meds

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Manueli is slowly healing up, I see a big difference on the lower jaw already. However I still see a chunk missing from tail whereas the surrounding area has grown back a decent amount. Not sure what's the reason that even cAused such a severe deterioration of the tail in the first place..

image.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store