Apr 14, 2018
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
Less than ten
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
71-80%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Could this be a bacterial infection? I have a thread here that seems to not generate any responses so I wanted to create a separate thread for this fish.

I think I'm moving her out. I have another fish that's been isolated that has been doing salt treatment but no kanaplex or Jungle Fungus Clear yet so I guess she'll go in there vs the other QT tank that just finished 3 kanaplex treatments.

I've kept her here with the white mark for over a week now and she's the only fish in main tank that I'm worried about currently so better to isolate her.

She's like 5.5 years old like the male millenniums I've lost recently so could be nearing the end of her life span.
PXL_20240701_005959782.MP.jpgPXL_20240701_005509610.jpg

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
Yeah she's got something bad going on there. I can see it clearly now that I caught her.PXL_20240701_013126915.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Looks like a puncture or from where a parasite could’ve dug in. Would dab the area with methylene blue if you have any. Don’t get any behind the gill plate. Owtherise quarantine with some salt, clean water and good food.

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
Looks like a puncture or from where a parasite could’ve dug in. Would dab the area with methylene blue if you have any. Don’t get any behind the gill plate. Owtherise quarantine with some salt, clean water and good food.
It's in QT with another fish from the same tank that I removed two weeks ago.

I got an interesting response on another forum as a possible explanation for what I'm experiencing.

Poster said the obvious that I can't be sure without examination but could be Mycobacteriosis bc rainbows are suseptible to it.

I have two other rainbows that look like they may have marks but I know I am paranoid now so didn't take them out yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store