Sick freshwater ray

lganderson1313

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Bourbonnais, Illinois
I have a 13 “ motoro marble stingray in a 360 gallon aquarium with a custom aquarium seamless sump 80 gallons, and a 57 watt uv sterilizer. The rage is recently within a week got cloudy eyes and now he doesn’t wanna move much or eat hardly anything. He was very active before. I don’t know what to do. I’ve made a 30% water change two days ago and then a 50% water change yesterday can anybody help me, please I don’t wanna lose him. Thank you.

IMG_5933.jpeg

IMG_5932.jpeg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have a 13 “ motoro marble stingray in a 360 gallon aquarium with a custom aquarium seamless sump 80 gallons, and a 57 watt uv sterilizer. The rage is recently within a week got cloudy eyes and now he doesn’t wanna move much or eat hardly anything. He was very active before. I don’t know what to do. I’ve made a 30% water change two days ago and then a 50% water change yesterday can anybody help me, please I don’t wanna lose him. Thank you.

View attachment 1545544

View attachment 1545545
Did you test your water parameters?
Stay consistent with water changes and hopefully the stingray improves.

Reactions: kno4te

lganderson1313

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Bourbonnais, Illinois
I have tested the water with the test kit not strips all parameters look good, did pretty big water changes, planning to wait a few days before I do another one, some people talk about adding salt, or some chemicals but not sure I should add anything?? Thoughts?? Temp is between 80 and 82 degrees

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d add some salt and prazipro. Try refeeding with live earthworms or black worms.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
How much salt? Not familiar with prazipto? Anything that is similar?
1 tsp per g. Try feeding some earthworms or live black worms in garlic. If not better then try praziquental or prazipro.

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
Your substrate is very deep also. Do you gravel vacuum with water changes? Deep substrate can trap anaerobic gases that can release toxin onto the water column if disturbed.
You said your water parameters "look good"...what is your usual water change regime when all is well? What are your nitrates reading?
Any new additions to the tank recently?

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
3 weeks. No updates for the folks who tried to help. I guess your ray recovered and in your joyful exuberance you forgot to tell us, or it died and you’re in mourning. Be nice to know either way 🤷🏻‍♂️

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store