Snakeheads in NEWYORK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

craig

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
LONG ISLAND NY
A 28 inch snakehead was caught in Flushing Meadows-Corona Park 93 acre lake.They also found four more in the lake. Once it's determined whether the fish are reproducing,a strategy to eliminate them will be set in motion.

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
Already posted and already announced the plans on what they are going to do, they plan on poisoning the whole lake and then re-introducing the fish.

craig

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
LONG ISLAND NY
They said they are going to use saline. They are going to open a tidegate which separates the lake from the Long Island Sound.

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
So let me get this straight...they are going to kill the snakeheads to protect natives? But kill the natives in order to get rid of the snakeheads? Sound funny.:)

Seriously though, I do understand that it is better this way, I was only kidding. If they put new fish in there I hope they subtract the carp. It might be awhile till there is good fishing there again.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
I think they should get one of those trailing nets and get everything out of the water. Then, distribute the SH's to aquariums and responsible hobbyists.

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
They won't do that, the only sure way to get rid of them really is to kill them all...sadly. I would rather the hobbiest kill his fish then release it and be responsable for the deaths of millions of fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store