Snow White Lobster (clarkii)

JML1997

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
N.B, Canada
I want a Snow White Lobster(clarkii) but before i buy i want to know some basic things; such as

How big does an adult specimen get?
What are some good choices of food?
Also does anybody have any pictures to share?

Thanks in advance!

fishy12

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
ohio
There are pictures of them in the show your shrimp and crayfish sticky under the invertebrate forum as for there care. Never kept one before.

aquaculture

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2009
In search of Leiarius
It is just a color variation of this crayfish so care is the same, found this in the crayfish information sticky hope it helps.

pepetj;4404570; said:
Scientific Name: Procambarus clarkii

Common Names: Red Swamp Crayfish, Red Claw Crayfish.
Care Level: Low
Adult Size: 13 cm (5 inches)[its body] Maximum weight usually exceeds 50g (2 ounces) [Aquarium].
pH Range: 6.5 - 8.0 (Aquarium) [anecdotal, personal experience]
Temperature Range: (F/C): 72-86 degrees Fahrenheit (22-30 degrees Celsius)
Origin/Habitat: South-Eastern United States, actually found as pest worldwide except in Australia and Antarctica.
Temperament/Behavior: con-specific aggressive unless paired-off (once you have a pair others might be added if your tank is adequate to keep them) [anecdotal, personal experience]
Compatible Tank mates: None, too small are likely to become snack for the Red Claw Crayfish; too large will likely snack from them.
Best confined in species only tank.
Diet: Omnivore, high protein pellets, vegetables, plant material, live feed (Small fish, worms etc.)
Tank Size For Adult: As "solo" a 5 gal tank as minimum; 10 gal for paired-off; 20gal for up to five specimens, given enough coverage is provided.
Lifespan: Up to 5 years [Aquarium]
Narrative: This is probably one of the hardiest crayfish as it can tolerate a wide range of water conditions, including low brackish environments and temperatures. It is an interesting crayfish to start with and comes mostly in red coloration but occasional variety of colors such as blue and white make it to LFS.They are aggressive and will attack most other tank mates.

References/Links:
Credit to Lupin of MFK for using his written composition and format, I just edited species specific info.
Credit to wikipedia on its pest condition.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store