So angry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic_surfer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Lincoln, NE
woke up today to see my red terror male tore up and on the verge of death. I know who the culprits were, that midas male and female (not a pair). I carefully took out my once beautiful male and placed him in the garbage can... then I turned my fury to those who would have done it. First the female, then the male... the male gave me some trouble, his head jump jammed up the toilet, but I got them down... eye for an eye, mwahahaha!

Cosmic_surfer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Lincoln, NE
Nah just venting my emotions. I guess I could have taken them out of the water and placed them in the trash can to go out with their enemy. They were ugly barred midas, and a tank of them swimming around would have been a sad reminder, and I couldn’t take them to a fish store knowing they deprived a life better than theirs

Cosmic_surfer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Lincoln, NE
It is really hard to find true festae where I am, and these guys had cohabitated for more than a year just fine, all about 6-7 inches. I don’t know what happened but I wasn’t going to have any more of it. I am deciding if I want to keep festae I don’t want to chance it with other cichlids. This is my worst loss since I lost my 8 inch ghost knife.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
What an idiot!
The fault is with you not the fish, you put them all together.
I'm guessing the tank is probably too small for such a mix of statistically incompatible cichlids.
Killing those fish for your own actions just suggests you are of a low intellect and have no regard for living things.
You should not have access to animals if that's how you treat them.

Cosmic_surfer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Lincoln, NE
Yes I was at fault, but as the alpha and omega of this tank, my wrath was absolute and unforgiving. What is done is done, now I need to fill the hole.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
The fault is not the fish.
How big a tank were they in?
In nature a "pair" of midas will guard an area of about 250 gallons, against any other cichlid. So a proper tank to house those fish together in a compatible fashion, would around 500 gallons. In fact I've seen small Rocio (JDs) defend a similar size area in the cenotes of Mexico, its all about ownership, and opportunity cost. Pairs of cichlids, even small ones can be lethal defending their territory
Anything that can't escape from that size area, will be dead meat.
Don't blame the fish if you don't provide the proper size tank.

Cosmic_surfer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Lincoln, NE
They weren’t a pair though, the female stayed on one side with the red terror, the male had taken the other side alone. They were in a 125 gallon tank. As I said they had cohabitated for over a year. Little nipping here and there, but nothing intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store