Surinam piriba & Surinam vallantii grow out.

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
These arrived this morning. Abit beaten up from there travels. I’m sure they will heal fine over the next few weeks. Mostly split fins and scuffs.

Coloured back up within 10 minuets being in the pond.

Piriba - 9”
Valantii - 10”

A980976E-6073-42F4-B8FB-F9F544D13E7B.jpeg 39DE38AF-3161-490E-A05A-CCC7D85A61F6.jpeg 834D5F9E-4E01-4BAF-BA24-B2F6DCDD7A27.jpeg 74D34A12-D4C2-4038-8910-A8A3366561B6.jpeg

GiantFishKeeper101

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2017
So the Suri already shown some of its signature at 9". Will keep in mind when I search for mine. What's their price range? Does vailantii much cheaper than the Suri?

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
So the Suri already shown some of its signature at 9". Will keep in mind when I search for mine. What's their price range? Does vailantii much cheaper than the Suri?
I haven’t checked him over to much just yet, wanted to get them settled in. Head shapes different, colouration is more silver and a lot more spots

Both cost £390.00 each, Surinam shipments always expensive in the uk.

Last edited:
Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter you was right (as usual lol) , little terrors to the capa. I shall have to gives these up. I can’t risk losing him. Nipping at his tail. I tired, it was worth a go.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter you was right (as usual lol) , little terrors to the capa. I shall have to gives these up. I can’t risk losing him. Nipping at his tail. I tired, it was worth a go.
Sorry to hear. It was worth a shot for someone who hasn't been through what I have been through with my capas.

If anything, I'd give up the capa. They are pretty common on this side of the pond. Piraiba and vaillantii could be more interesting and easier to house than capa. Capa is a nightmare to house for a fish hoarder / wanna have 'em all, which you are. I know one when I see one. :) I am just like that.

Rpul

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2016
Sorry to hear. It was worth a shot for someone who hasn't been through what I have been through with my capas.

If anything, I'd give up the capa. They are pretty common on this side of the pond. Piraiba and vaillantii could be more interesting and easier to house than capa. Capa is a nightmare to house for a fish hoarder / wanna have 'em all, which you are. I know one when I see one. :) I am just like that.
No doubt i am. I won’t disagree.

Some good news. I’ve just sat with the pond for the last two hours. I’ve found the culprits. The true parrots are trying to breed down the one corner, nipping the cats tails as they go by.

On other news everything has eaten, so I’m confident it hasn’t stressed them out to much. Relocated the parrots to another tank.

Bit of a relief. I
Doubt I’d get hold of them
Again for some years.

But the capa will be separated in the near future. I’ll take your advise on that. I’ve have noticed the piriba is
Abit pushy over a certain spot. So it could become and issue when he catches up to size.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store