Tank calculator

Cichlas

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
Basingstoke, UK
www.totalfishkeeping.com
Not sure if this is the place to post this (any mods want to move it to the right place please?).....

I have written a tank volume calculator that I hope some people will find useful. Features are as follows:

Calculates volumes for Standard, Hex, octagonal, corner and bow front tanks.
Calculates approximate weight of water.
Calculates approximate weight of glass.
Temperature convertor.

It can be downloaded from here

Tank Calculator

Any comments, good or bad, are much appreciated. I am also open to suggestions for additions to the program.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
very good shti....,, saved to my computer

Nemiero

Feeder Fish
Nov 11, 2005
Canada
wow, cool!
I can't even count how many times I've been asked "how much do you think that will weigh?".... whew... you've solved that math issue for me! Thanks!

Gooda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2005
Fort Collins, CO
That will save me a lot of headaches. Now all i need is a way to figure out how much weight a standard floor can hold and I'll be set.

shekes

Jessica Rabbit
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
Toon Town
It doesn't work on Mac or does it?

Gooda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2005
Fort Collins, CO
The beauty of a mac is that nothing ever works on them, but lets not get into the mac jokes now.

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Cypress, CA
V2 should also have foot measurement, not just inches. Also, how about option for acrylic. I'm not sure about the total watts to heat up the tank. Remember the best placement for the heater would be in the "sump" where there is alot of water flow. I'm thinking a 1000 watt heater should be enough, but maybe that suggestion is for energy saving info. I like the auto conversion for inches to cm. Great job. Is that VB?

Cichlas

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2005
Basingstoke, UK
www.totalfishkeeping.com
Thanks for the comments :)

Never tried it on a mac but I assume it wouldn't work. Sadly, I don't own a mac so can't develop anything for one. Anyone know if there are any good mac emulators out there for windows?

I'll try and add a feet option when I've got some free time and will also look at the acrylic weight conversions. The heating calculation is a bare basic one based on 5 watts per gallon. It doesn't take into account ambiant room temperature but is loosely based on not having to work too hard against big temp differences. Suggestions on more accurate heating formula accepted though.

It is written in Delphi :woot:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store