Team aquarium?

eon aquatics

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2021
Has anyone here ever set up a larger aquarium as a team?

I would very much like to try this.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Only once and never again.
I set up a tank inmy wifes office lunch room at the request of her boss. Suddenly had about 15 “helpers” each one more annoying than the last. The worst was one guy who kept trying to add all these dissolving blocks of god knows what that were meant to “kill”ammonia, it was a goldfish tank but he was insisting it needed a heater and the fish would appreciate it. He pretty much spent the whole day telling everyone everything I was doing was wrong, he was certain the tank wouldn’t need a filter because of his blocks. Another lady kept going on about seahorses even after I explained it was a freshwater tank. My natural decor and live plantation became some plastic pink artificial plants and a sunken ship. I explained about overfeeding and had to listen to a bunch of fools worry the fish would die from starvation over the weekend if no one was in the office. In the end I designated the receptionist as official feeder as she seemed to understand.
Besides all this the fish lived for years, occasionally I would drop in and do a water change and was pleasantly surprised by how well they were going.

SalviniCichlidFan

Dovii
MFK Member
May 30, 2021
www.andrew-li.org
Only once and never again.
I set up a tank inmy wifes office lunch room at the request of her boss. Suddenly had about 15 “helpers” each one more annoying than the last. The worst was one guy who kept trying to add all these dissolving blocks of god knows what that were meant to “kill”ammonia, it was a goldfish tank but he was insisting it needed a heater and the fish would appreciate it. He pretty much spent the whole day telling everyone everything I was doing was wrong, he was certain the tank wouldn’t need a filter because of his blocks. Another lady kept going on about seahorses even after I explained it was a freshwater tank. My natural decor and live plantation became some plastic pink artificial plants and a sunken ship. I explained about overfeeding and had to listen to a bunch of fools worry the fish would die from starvation over the weekend if no one was in the office. In the end I designated the receptionist as official feeder as she seemed to understand.
Besides all this the fish lived for years, occasionally I would drop in and do a water change and was pleasantly surprised by how well they were going.
said person should try selling his magic ammonia-killing blocks. those people who believe in melafix will buy his magic blocks too.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
said person should try selling his magic ammonia-killing blocks. those people who believe in melafix will buy his magic blocks too.
He was buying then from some dodgy pet shop.
They were these chalky white things similar to the vacation food blocks you used to see around.
They were shaped like shells and all had different properties such as kill ammonia, purify water or neutralise waste as they dissolved.
According to this clown you didn’t need a filter or water change if you used them properly.
I was getting very agitated with him and when my wife was saying to calm down I thought why would anyone take seriously a guy who thinks a heater but not filter is what’s required for a goldfish tank.
Once in a while I would do a water change if I was picking up my wife and had time to kill and I would pull maybe 10-15 of the things out of the tanks every time.

• Haha
Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store