Test results

sean2024

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2024
Maine
Hi, so, i have a question as to why my cycled tank is getting 1ppm of ammonia and 0ppm of nitrites and 5ppm of nitrates. As you can see in this picture it is cycled. The ammonia test is darker green in the picture than it actually was when i took it (this is 10-15 mins after test) . I did the same tests 4 days ago , which i got the same readings as today. Then the day after the test i did a huge wc, then let it sit for a day to stabilize, took another test, same readings as today and before. I cant get rid of this ammonia. I did a full gravel cleaning with the huge wc as well. Also before this huge wc the other day i did a 22 % wc a couple days before that. I have no old carbon in it that could spit back nutrients in the tank so idk. Did a filter and filter media cleaning 10 days ago. Gravel is immaculate and the water is crystal clear. Any thoughts?

IMG_1719.jpeg

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I think you may have been a little over enthusiastic with the filter and gravel cleaning.

The vast majority of your BB are in those very areas and you may have upset the balance.

Things will probably settle down again in time, just keep your eye on it.

Reactions: sean2024
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store