TSN and stingray

monsterK

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2023
So i have an 8x3x3...I have a 8 year old ray, a couple bass, 12 inch aro and a 11 inch florida gar.. my buddy can no longer take care of his 10 inch TSN, would he he able to go into my tank with the ray.. the ray has never harmed any fish I've ever had and I've had him for now going on 9 years

monsterK

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2023
Yeah my ray is on pellets and talapia and that dude is quick to the food. He's always been, I wouldn't see if being a huge issue. And my ray doesn't over eat, when he's done he just leaves it alone. Ide rather give it a shot first then have him give the TSN away to some random who doesn't understand

M3AN ONE

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2012
Long Island
My short body phantom rtc who is all of 4 inches in circumference bull doses my 12 inch stingrays. He keeps hitting them until they give up food or he figures out how to get underneath them. Now he is growing out in my sump. I am sure it will be fine but catfishes are insatiable.

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
Catfish and rays don't go together imo. The cats always out competed rays for the food every time I tried in the past.

Reactions: tlindsey

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I am not a ray keeper. I read several accounts of rays tagging catfish, injuring or killing them. Both spend a lot of time on the bottom.

Reactions: AR1 and tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store