Uh oh…

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
i agree that a majority of nowadays fishkeepers and/or shopkeepers do stuff a large amount and/or large sized fish into small tanks which is cruel. I remember another youtuber named IFG, if my memory serves right, openly criticizing youtubers like Paul Cuffaro, Zak catch em all, Joey Slam Em, The fish bros, etc, shortly after which he disappeared. The hobby has died over the years, so anyone speaking for the rights of fish isn't paid much attention due to the fact that fishkeeping isn't common anymore.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Phew, I thought that video applied to me for a moment, and then realised it's "PETA India". Looks like I'm off the hook, lol.

Besides, don't they realise that telling us that aquariums are small prisons is just going to push many hobbyists into huge upgrades! Win win, carry on PETA.

Also, isn't it fitting that PETA is only one letter away from PITA!!!

Muppets!

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I'm a big supporter of PETA. People Eating Tasty Animals has been a way of life for me, and countless other humans since the dawn of our species.

I actually am on their mailing list, and receive regular email and snail mail messages from them as they wail their plaintive cries about the plight of the urban raccoons or the joys of vegan life. I consider it as a sort of "...keep your enemies closer..." kind of a thing; it's good to keep an eye on their antics periodically.

This one falls on particularly deaf ears. Yes, many people do keep their fish in conditions that are too cramped or otherwise substandard, but that's not an indictment of the hobby as a whole. In fact, if you listen to the video and substitute the word "people" for "fish", and the word "cities" for "aquariums"...well, it made me go "Hmmmmm......" :)

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Lol, that brings an entirely different meaning to the old slang term that we used to use for Conservation Officers; we called 'em "Fish Cops"! :)

Reactions: phreeflow and AR1

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
PETA can go and pound aquarium sand!

Reactions: jjohnwm
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store