underwater cricketS?

hurricane_redbone

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Joboland
www.myspace.com
Today i saw the strangest thing ive ever seen. Atleast strangest thing ive ever seen in my room... cuz some of those things they show on that documentary planet earth are just weird! Anyway... i was emptying my tank and sump to move to a friends house who is buying it from me. I was pumping out the water from the last compartment of my sump when i saw a cricket that was totally soggy from being underwater for ages. I figured my old arowana just missed it and it got sucked in the overflow and died a horrible death. I was using a small powerhead to suck all the water out of the compartment so it started sucking the cricket towards it, suddenly i notice the cricket start to swim/walk along the bottom. I was astounded, i mean the last time i fed crickets was about 4 months ago which means this guy survived all this time under water!

I had seen them walk down my bogwood before and walk underwater but i figured that was just an escape method and they had to return to the surface. So i was wondering, maybe because a lot of bugs like crickets breath through their skin, they can survive underwater if there is a lot of oxygen in the water. what do u all think?

Pyramid_Party

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2008
Monterey, CA
Strange, I would think it would die. I know crickets will drown, but maybe with lots of oxygen in the water, it somehow survived. I'd keep it, since its unique.

hurricane_redbone

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Joboland
www.myspace.com
it got ground into bits when it got sucked up... owell was cool to see it though

Delhezi222

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2007
P
Maybe it was living in an underwater air pocket?:ROFL:

I don't know, that's really strange.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store