what to feed baby arowana

feeeeesh

Feeder Fish
Jan 18, 2016
What is the best food for a baby silver arowana (below 10cm)?
I have fed it baby crickets which it enjoys, ive tried tiny frogs but the aro is reluctant to eating them alive, it attacks them, but then spits them out.
Id like to introduce the fish to many types of food, any other recommendations?
Also is it advisable to feed it frozen bloodworms?

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
What is the best food for a baby silver arowana (below 10cm)?
I have fed it baby crickets which it enjoys, ive tried tiny frogs but the aro is reluctant to eating them alive, it attacks them, but then spits them out.
Id like to introduce the fish to many types of food, any other recommendations?
Also is it advisable to feed it frozen bloodworms?
Well a healthy base diet is pellets so try feeding crushed aro pellets and maybe very small ghost shrimp by holding them don't let them sink because U don't want aro eating food at bottom of tank it's a top feeder

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Best time to introduce a variety of foods is when they're small. I'm a firm believer that any foundation for a good diet is pellet based. From there, you can mix in shrimp, tilapia, earthworms, dubia roaches, etc etc.

Don't waste your time with crickets and bloodworms. Both are nutritionally useless.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
A mixture of chopped raw prawn(shrimp) , muscles , squid and whitefish slowly introducing pellets to the diet.
Try crushing the pellet and seasoning the fresh food once he's taking that , then progress to stuffing pellets inside the fresh etc etc you'll soon have a pellet hammering a rowan a on your hands :)

Reactions: DN328

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
^^ edit
That would be arowana, not a rowan a lol predicted text crap :(

DN328

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
I have a ~4" Lei again. For me, getting it on pellets is the most important. It's already taking to it so I'm going to mix in other things. Given his size, I actually do use frozen bloodworms. Some of the other things a still a bit hard such as crickets or mealworms...but I soon hit those as it gets bigger. By 6", it should be hitting all that plus shrimp, krill, etc..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store