Where to Buy These Glyptorthorax Species?

Loganfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2024
Hello! Where can I buy Glyptothorax Sinense
and Glyptothorax Macromaculatus? As well as Glyptothoras Siamensis

IMG_8612.jpeg

IMG_8613.jpeg

IMG_8614.jpeg

Reactions: Fishman Dave

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
They're very uncommon imports- the Wet Spot has them in stock every now and then, but they haven't had any this year. Rather difficult fish; I personally wouldn't keep them again without having a mature, species-specific rheophilic tank beforehand.
Definitely not a fish for beginners, or anyone without experience with sisorids or similar catfishes- I learned that the hard way.

Loganfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2024
They're very uncommon imports- the Wet Spot has them in stock every now and then, but they haven't had any this year. Rather difficult fish; I personally wouldn't keep them again without having a mature, species-specific rheophilic tank beforehand.
Definitely not a fish for beginners, or anyone without experience with sisorids or similar catfishes- I learned that the hard way.
I’m currently keeping Madtoms, Bumblebee Catfish, Banjo Catfish, and a few others species. Would those count as good experience?

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Those are all relatively easy to keep fish. Glyptothorax are a completely different level.
Very hard to find, the ones I see here in the uk are usually the smaller ones such as honghensis or psuedolagovia shawi.
Maybe try setting up a tank of/ for hillstream loach first. Those may be a good half way house. Temperate, reasonable flow, stream type setup, even breedable. Keep them for a while and get them breeding and I think that would be good experience in the right direction.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store