WOOT i got a new Snakehead. please identify!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Euge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Hong Kong
Hello everybody,
I was looking around my LFS's for some small feeders and perhaps some shrimp for my rainbow snakehead, when i walk in a store and i stumble across a snakehead. So long story short. i bought it but the guy at the store didn't know what kind of snakehead it was. Anyways he's in the same tank as my rainbow, and it looks like their doing ok. Just hiding in a bush for the mean time. but anyways could some one please ID my snakehead. I have no idea what it is.

Couple of pics:

The new snakehead a bag getting use to the temp of the tank water:

Another pic of the new SH in the bag:

Close up pic of its head:

Pic of my rainbow and the new one both lookin at me:

Thats all folks, sorry the picture quality isn't that good. they looked fine on my camera. But they didn't turn out so good on my PC. I'll try take more pics tmr when he's actually swimming around and more relaxed. But an ID would be GREAT!

Thx..[/
SIZE]

Euge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Hong Kong
Thanks for the reply everybody. What have i gotten my self into. Its ok i'm moving house soon and will get a huge fish tank for it.

Dan how do you know for sure its a Channa Marulius? Could you please give me indications that let you know? I'm not doubting you i just want to know

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
sqratch said:
Thanks for the reply everybody. What have i gotten my self into. Its ok i'm moving house soon and will get a huge fish tank for it.

Dan how do you know for sure its a Channa Marulius? Could you please give me indications that let you know? I'm not doubting you i just want to know
Well the patterns on it's body is a clear indication on the Channa Marulius you could describe them as stripes down the body and tail.

And on the Channa Pleurophthalma the body has spots all the way down the latral line.

The Channa Marulius has a ocellus ( spot on they tail near the cauldal fin ) the Channa pleurophthalma dosen't !

Heppy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2005
if its a channa maurilus that blehri will be dead in a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store