Would a large fiberglass aquarium survive outside? Atlanta Georgia

Hmontoya93

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2020
I live in Atlanta Georgia, temperatures aren’t too extreme cold wise and it can average high 90s in the summer. I have an outdoor patio with a roof no walls. I wanted to buy the biggest fiberglass aquarium possible, so far 2000 gallons is the biggest I found, my brother is a mason and he would decorate it with rocks around it, it would look nice! And under the roof to prevent so much sun hitting it directly. Is this possible ? Or will the temperature fluctuations be too much, wanted to put some hardy monsters in it.
garage would be an option that works, but my wife would probably kick me out at that point, so I wouldn’t get to enjoy the fish

mikee870

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2009
Philippines, Davao City
As much as I know fiberglass can withstand extreme temperatures, but is is also very rigid an prone to cracking if not built well. So with glass. You just have to make sure that its is well built and supported to prevent this. A roof would be nice with little sunlight hitting it as you might decide to put in some plants. Sunlight too is good for fishes.

- Garage is the best option but you have to convince your wife ( maybe have her select a fish that she likes ) so that she will begin to love the hobby too. YOU HAVE TO AT ALL COSTS! :)

-Careful planning and research is needed for all of these since this is a very big setup. Failure will result to catastrophic fish death and $$$.

This is the way!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store