Classic kids TV shows.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
It doesn't matter what decade you were born in there will undoubtedly be some TV show from your childhood that you will always look back on with fond memories. I was a kid in the 1970's and there were a lot of great cartoons and kids shows of that era. This thread will hopefully allow you to relive those memories somewhat.

If you do have a favourite you would like to share try and link in the opening theme tune to the show too, they're all there on you tube! If you can't link in you tube videos I will gladly do it for you if you just mention the show.

I'll kick off with an old favourite of mine, a show that was mentioned on another thread very recently. I give you "Captain Caveman".

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Danger Island!

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Danger Island!
I don't recall danger island Krich, but on the same subject of islands I used to love Robinson Crusoe. I particularly liked the theme tune to this....

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Loved me some caveman too. 80’s kid here actually 70’s but most my memories are 80’s related
Land of the lost
Dungeons and dragons
Bug bunny and friends (some old bugs is actually band from TV now)
Can’t forget wacky races and scooby doo

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I don't recall danger island Krich, but on the same subject of islands I used to love Robinson Crusoe. I particularly liked the theme tune to this....

Oddly,I don't remember that one but Danger Island was featured in the Kroft Superstars lineup of mini episodic cartoons that were shown during Kroft's times lot.
Screenshot_20230426_094213_Chrome.jpg
If I recall correctly it was their only live action show.
Can’t forget wacky races and scooby doo
Wacky Races...I had a rather petite female coworker who drove a white Dodge Charger and I jokingly called her Penelope Pitstop.She was a bit younger than I am so I had to explain the name to her,she took a liking to the moniker after she looked up the character.

• Haha
Reactions: BIG-G

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Wacky races was a great show. Dasterdly and Muttley were brilliant....

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
They were always my favorite. It never worked out for them.
You've just gotta love the underdog though haven't you? Another underdog who got destroyed every single show was Wile E Coyote. The roadrunner had the upper hand every single episode! One of my favourite cartoons. Here he is about to fall off a cliff....again, lol.cliff.0.0 (1).jpg

Reactions: deeda
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store