20 hex planted

AR1

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth
All of my tanks are in my garage, so unfortunately sunlight isn’t an option, maybe a little spillover from my reef lights lol
i see. i had the opposite problem. My indoor pond is in a room which receives about 10 hours of sunlight and i had algae all over the place. Aquatic plants weren't an option since my pond has a pacu, red evil and snakehead. My DIY bucket filter just couldn't keep up with the filtration so i decided to use semi-aquatic plants for filtration, like duanes duanes . I have planted six pothos cuttings(with established root systems) to suck up the nitrates and they have been growing insanely well. I also planted a monstera (swiss cheese plant) to provide some shade and the algae growth has decreased, if not entirely ended. These plants can also thrive in low light conditions and are excellent for filtration. Their huge roots also provide cover for smaller fish and fry. You could also try these out aswell.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Reactions: AR1

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Nice hex set up Joshuakahan Joshuakahan . I love my hex tank, it's smaller than yours and very mature now. My vitals on this tank are always 0,0 and 0, thanks to the algae and salvinia. Very low maintainance.

IMG_20240429_202246_HDR.jpg

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Nice hex set up Joshuakahan Joshuakahan . I love my hex tank, it's smaller than yours and very mature now. My vitals on this tank are always 0,0 and 0, thanks to the algae and salvinia. Very low maintainance.

View attachment 1541220
Nice!!
I haven’t tested mine, but it’s only been up around 4 months, but I did things to speed up the maturing process. I just change 5g a week and everything seems to be good .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store