Clown Knife Information

romosoldier

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
USA
Back then i was younger too and didnt know as much about what i should do as i do now, but selling him was probably the best, hopefully he got a better home, whoever may have bought him.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
romosoldier;4365535; said:
Back then i was younger too and didnt know as much about what i should do as i do now, but selling him was probably the best, hopefully he got a better home, whoever may have bought him.
i hope he did get a good home... i know i love my boy... and thats all i would wish fir him if we ever have to part...{ i hope that day never happens of course.

catchat3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2009
London, Ontario
romosoldier;4365385; said:
all mine ate was feeder goldfish, do you have any other predatory fish in the tank? and if you dont do the goldfish go missing? lol, cuz then he is eating. just get the small ones and see if he eats them, or the medium ones if he can eat those. when i used to feed mine i put the feeders in and watched a few minutes, funny to see all the scales fly when it gets eaten hehe.
I was totally wrong about the size LOL It's only about 3.5". I have a 16" and a 8" polypterus who are eating the feeder fish and sometimes my Bala Shark does if their small. I think mine is too small to eat feeder fish. I finally saw it come out after I put in the bloodworms today. :)
thank you

catchat3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2009
London, Ontario
Red Devil;4365403; said:
All of the above mentioned food is great for clown knife... .. how do you know he isn't eating.. do you have a cave for him to hide in..if you do i would suggest that you try to place a little of the food by the opening of his cave..and watch ... of course any uneaten food should be removed with in 10 min..as to not contaminate the water.. also do water changes frequently on a schedule.. he should start to grow and settle in... do not give him live food or he will snub everything else you try to feed...
Yes, I have a few caves but he's chosen to hide in a log. I will try to place some food in the opening of the log but he is still very shy and takes a long time to come out. I haven't given him 'live' food yet and I'm not going to try but my polypterus get fed live food to keep them from eating my other fish.
I never meant for my polypterus to eat live food either but my gars would only eat live foods.
thank you!

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
catchat3;4367982; said:
Yes, I have a few caves but he's chosen to hide in a log. I will try to place some food in the opening of the log but he is still very shy and takes a long time to come out. I haven't given him 'live' food yet and I'm not going to try but my polypterus get fed live food to keep them from eating my other fish.
I never meant for my polypterus to eat live food either but my gars would only eat live foods.
thank you!
your welcome...

~ocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2009
Stoon
My CK poops a little too much... and he's only 5 inches!

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
~ocean;4384413; said:
My CK poops a little too much... and he's only 5 inches!
how do you know its too much:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store