Pond?

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I’m thinking about doing a poly pond in my garage and I was looking at large stock tanks, but I found this for $40. I figure if it can hold up to dogs, fish shouldn’t be a problem, but I’m not sure if it’s meant to hold water continuously. Looks like people have used them as a pond. What do you think?

IMG_3277.png

IMG_3278.jpeg

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
I have 3 of those pools, a small one and two mediums. I don't recommend because they are very shallow.

These Intex brand pools are much deeper and larger and very inexpensive.

The Small, the one I have, it is 6 feet diameter, 18" deep and holds over 200 gallons.
View attachment 1541393
How’s the sturdiness? Shallow is actually perfect for my purpose as long as it’s at least 16 or so inches deep

Parka

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2021
Gwinnett County, Ga.
How’s the sturdiness? Shallow is actually perfect for my purpose as long as it’s at least 16 or so inches deep
Once a new one is set and filled, they are surprisingly durable. The problems happen when you take them down and don't take care to properly store them over the winter and then like mine, that top inflatable ring, mine won't hold air! That's why i got all that crap in there to help hold the sides up. Whatever you choose, I see a fun venture, Good Luck!

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Once a new one is set and filled, they are surprisingly durable. The problems happen when you take them down and don't take care to properly store them over the winter and then like mine, that top inflatable ring, mine won't hold air! That's why i got all that crap in there to help hold the sides up. Whatever you choose, I see a fun venture, Good Luck!
Thanks for the info! Mine will be in my garage, so I don’t plan on taking it up and down. I’m just in the research phase ATM, but we’ll see.

Reactions: AR1

AR1

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth
I would strongly recommend buying a intex frame pool, which is much more durable than the above inflatable one. i have used them to keep some tough and large fish including oscars, zebra tilapias, RTC,irredescent sharks, raphael catfish, silver dollars, bichirs and what not. They can be stored easily after use. Heres the ones which i used

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I have used both kiddy (Intex and other type) pools, and stock tanks outside.
I find if you get 2 seasons out of the kiddy pool type, that's pretty good, because over time sun, and winter storage tends to make them crack.
Intex above, Best Way brand below
I find the Rubbermaid stock tanks are much more durable, and longer lasting, even able to tolerate remaining set up thru the winter
Water temps do fluctuate quite a bit, so I found them to be most "temp stable", if dug in
Above is a 300 gal rubbermaid

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store