Where can I get a freshwater stingray in Ontario, Canada?

679x

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2017
Thanks for replies :)

Motoros may be too big, I might be able to find out soon how big of a tank I can fit... the room it would be going in may be rearranged, and if we do that, I will be able to see how big of a tank I can fit without compromising aesthetics (which is a big deal to us). The room is probably big enough for a 12 foot tank if we so desired lol, but the tank's appearance in the room is the deciding factor. If we don't rearrange the room, I probably can't get a tank that is big enough for rays :(

With all that being said, I would like to view prices of ray species in my area, because I don't think I can spend $1000 on a fish that could die shortly after purchasing or something, especially since I'm not an expert ray keeper.

Few questions:

Are there any black and white ray varieties that are cheaper than BDs?

Are smaller species of ray (hystrix, reticulated) cheaper? The ray size depends on how big of a tank I can get, as I said before

Do any breeders/sellers/whatever in the area have websites where I can see what rays they have?

Thanks in advance

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Thanks for replies :)

Motoros may be too big, I might be able to find out soon how big of a tank I can fit... the room it would be going in may be rearranged, and if we do that, I will be able to see how big of a tank I can fit without compromising aesthetics (which is a big deal to us). The room is probably big enough for a 12 foot tank if we so desired lol, but the tank's appearance in the room is the deciding factor. If we don't rearrange the room, I probably can't get a tank that is big enough for rays :(

With all that being said, I would like to view prices of ray species in my area, because I don't think I can spend $1000 on a fish that could die shortly after purchasing or something, especially since I'm not an expert ray keeper.

Few questions:

Are there any black and white ray varieties that are cheaper than BDs?

Are smaller species of ray (hystrix, reticulated) cheaper? The ray size depends on how big of a tank I can get, as I said before

Do any breeders/sellers/whatever in the area have websites where I can see what rays they have?

Thanks in advance
Hystrix tend to stay smaller, but true ones are pretty hard to find. Retic rays are pretty hard to get eating, I owned one and it was very hard to get him to eat. Id recommend motoro, but for them I think minimum size is 8' X 3' tank. Black and white Ray might not be easy to find cheap, maybe some kind of hybrid

Reactions: Bigfishnut
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store