Albino bullhead

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
I strongly advise against your idea about collecting bullhead fry then convincing anybody to dump them in their ponds because the last thing anyone need is a pond full of bullheads.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
When I was stationed in Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri; I would do a lot of fishing in the Big Piney river and the Rubidoux River. Both rivers had yellow bullheads. The ones in the clear Big Piney would be brown and typical looking, the ones in the muddy and opaque Rubidoux looked exactly like that.

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
I strongly advise against your idea about collecting bullhead fry then convincing anybody to dump them in their ponds because the last thing anyone need is a pond full of bullheads.
I think some people would like a bunch of catfish in their pond. But I still don't think I'll do it

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
I went down to the river and spotted 50+ >1" catfish tonight but no albinos. I know that they're super rare and I wasn't expecting to find one but you can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket lol

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I don't have anywhere to put a big pool full of catfish lol. What do you feed those super small guys? Like 1/4" and smaller? Up until like 1" actually. Maybe I'll convince someone to let me put a pond out back!
I'd probably stick with daphnia and bloodworms at that size

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
I went down to the river and spotted 50+ >1" catfish tonight but no albinos. I know that they're super rare and I wasn't expecting to find one but you can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket lol
You are right. It's great bling bling :D
My wife like this bullhead's :) Looking like gold color

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store